Monday, January 10, 2011

Packed, more or less

Still "abunchastuff" to do, but last night Amy, Kelsey, Randy and I got our heads and hands around packing.  Every one is under the 50# limit, although since I have not put my personal gear together, I am mildly concerned.  I could really ramp up my worry by waiting until Wednesday AM to finish.  Naaaaaah.  John will get two suitcases from Global Health Ministries and Lamont will haul one of those.  Two other friends will be in Tanzania while we are: Dave Fuerst, St. James member, who works for Lutheran World Relief and Scott lien from Global Health Missions.  A group from Augustana College, Sioux Falls will be there too!

Thanks to St. James for several (many) things.  We are bringing nearly 400 toothbrushes, most from St. James.  I have read a few of the letters.  I know the students and people at Idunda will love them!  I will pull some of them for the congregation at Idunda, distributing the rest to the students, likely each of whom will get four letters!

Bob Nastrom:  The crosses are wonderful!  Pastors:  Thanks for the clergy shirts (Friar Tuck brand!  You will each have to put on some weight before we can start calling you Friar Tuck....)  Miriam and Holly, terrific work on the books for Idunda.  Thanks to my sister-in-law, Jill Christopherson for funding the project.

I learned my Grand-daughter Parker, 11 months, still spells reading "reding" and nuggets "buggets."  Actually, she pronounces nuggets "buggets" too, so that isn't so surprising.

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment